Monday, October 1, 2007


So people ask us if we did anything fun this summer. Honestly with a new baby, it was so hard to plan anything. So when our friends asked us to take a trip to the Colorado River for a weekend getaway my answer was a resounding yes. I didn't even think about how Sidney would do, I just said "Yes" because I was dying to take a vacation! And our family had a great time! Wish I had some sunset waterskiing photos of Greg and I (you could probably see the grin painted across my face from a mile away). But you know how that goes - only photos of the kids seem to matter anymore! I do have to admit that the sense of joy I felt from my own waterskiing experience paled in comparison to the joy I felt as I watched my kids doing their various water activities. That's what having kids is all about!

5 comments:

Roney Family said...

How fun that you got out. That is awesome that you like water skiing. I havent done that in years! The pictures would have been priceless of you two. But I know how it goes. I am never in picture either. The hubby is the only one to grace the camera ever so often because I take pictures of him! Glad you had a good time.

Pure Images said...

How fun! I love the river! Glad you guys had a good time.

Brittany said...

I love taking vacations with the family. They ARE so much more fun with your kids. Did I ever tell you about how we went to the Del Mar fair this summer and Kasen rode his first rollercoaster? Well he was grinning from ear to ear and everytime he would pass where I was standing I could hear his sweet little giggles. Well, good thing I had sunglasses on because I started crying right then and there to see my son so happy, meant so much to me!

SeeCampbell said...

Britt, I soooo know what you mean. Nothing like the joy of your own children. It's great to cry when they experience joy or even share tears of sorrow with them. Children are such blessings.

King Family said...

Seth and I have finally realized that if we do something that the kids want to do we have a lot more fun. I am glad you went on vacation. It totally renews you when you come back.