Wednesday, October 3, 2007

When I grow up - Sunday Comic Relief


Sundays, though meant to be a day of rest, often end up being quite stressful for me and my children. We seem to spend half of the morning getting ready for church and have only recently been successful at being on time about 50% of the time. Did I forget to mention that our church starts at 1:00 pm? Greg leaves Sunday mornings usually before we all get up, and we will see him for about half an hour when he returns for lunch and then not again until 5:00 pm if we're lucky. His sacrifice is certainly one that brings great blessings to the family, but I have to admit that some Sundays I come home from church wondering what spiritual uplifting I've received from that day. Thank goodness I have children who do their best to cheer me up and make me feel that the sacrifice is all worth it. A few weeks ago Everett came strutting into a room where I was trying to escape for a moment of peace to show me just how much I was missing of him. Apparently he had a lesson that day in nursery about what we become when we grow up. I always thought Everett wanted to be a fireman, but now I ask which do you think he might grow up to be. . . a plumber, or a drag queen? I love how my kids make me laugh!

6 comments:

Pure Images said...

Jeanine, that is such a cute picture of him! I understand your pain on church these days. I think we start getting ready at 9 and we are still always missing the sacrament. Zac usually works in the mornings so its up to me to get us ready. Im not good on stress, so there are a lot of tears! I commend you for doing it with three though! =)

camille said...

I know what you mean about Sundays! We try to stay "calm and rested", but usually end up being a little short on uplifting moments. I don't handle stress well, so it's always challenging. You have such great kids. This picture is a classic!

Brittany said...

That is SUCH a classic picture! I am guessing a plumber? I love the tan lines, so funny!! He is a character!

Roney Family said...

I love that picture. I think it's the best. I know some day you are going to be able to say, "You better keep inline or else I am going to pull out that picture." Sundays are my worst days. Jut too hectic. I try as hard as I can to bring the spirit into the home and rest and relax. But it never works!

King Family said...

Sundays are so hard and you probably do most of the day alone with Greg so busy with his calling. Everett is so cute. Patience is right, that picture could be major blackmail.

Tracy said...

James has to leave at 5:30am on Sunday to be on time for his meetings! I feel bad for him! He's so tired by the end of the day. I struggle to be there on time and get everyone there looking cute and clean. It's been easier though since my sister-in-law moved in with us. She's a huge help!