Often when Greg and I are using the computer we occasionally hear this ever so faint scratching noise. At first we think it is as mouse or rat hiding in the walls, not that it would be the first time in our home, but then after consecutive noises, we remember that we have pet hermit crabs in the room. This year for Everett's birthday we decided to do something extra special and buy him some Hermit Crabs. (Greg's idea.) They used to reside in the kitchen until I figured they needed a better place to reside so I relocated them to our computer room a few weeks ago. Yes, we do forget about them because honestly they are probably one of the most boring pets you can own - kind of up there with aquarium fish (at least they are fun to look at). So tonight as I was blogging I heard the noise again and strangely I again thought "rats", but then I remembered our crabs. So I went to take a picture of the crabs and pulled one out. As I started to dangle one of the two, I realized that he was not squirming as he started dangling out of the shell. Then I realized he was slipping out farther and farther, which only meant one thing - he's dead! The other one is still alive, but poor Dawson will be a little bit sad tomorrow. We also had a fish die on Saturday as well. He's still upside down under the castle in our aquarium. Hmmm, I'm thinking we aren't the best pet owners.



5 comments:
Aww! How sad! =( Yeah I dont think you guys should get a dog or cat anytime soon!
P.S. I tagged you on my blog. Sorry, couldnt help myself.
Sad. At least it's not a rat!
Aww poor Dawson and Everett! First a fish? Then a hermit crab? I agree with Crystal. No dogs or cats for you! I still laughed at the story though, you should probably take the dead fish out of tank!
Ha ha! I tagged you too!
Post a Comment