Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My Sensitive Son Everett


Most people know Everett as being the more resiliant and tougher of my two sons, but he has a unique sensitivity to others emotions that is quite unusual for his tender age of 3. The first time we noticed it was when he was about 2 1/2 while watching the Prince of Egypt. He was watching the mother put baby Moses into a basket and send him down the river and he started to cry. I could not believe that he perceived the emotion that the mother must have felt or maybe the tip off was the tears in Moses' sister's eyes. In any case, I have a tender spot in my heart for my little Everett because of this. Today he was watching "Cars" and tears welled up in his eyes again after the scene when Lightening McQueen was wisked away to go off to the big race. That's my sensitive little man!

3 comments:

Roney Family said...

That is so adorable. I miss having sweet little boys. I am crossing my fingers and hoping to have a sensitive sweet little boy!

Brittany said...

Oh my gosh! That is so sweet. You are right, I do know Everett as the more tough and resiliant one. What a little sweetheart that he cried while watching cars!

King Family said...

I love Everett. Are they still into Cars? Does he cry everytime? How sweet.