Sunday, October 28, 2007

Bates Nut Farm







Way out in the middle of "who would ever live here" is a great place called Bates Nut Farm. Last weekend my spunky sister-in-law invited us to come along for a fun family event. Greg and Dawson were up at the UCLA game, which of course was a great time because the Bruins won. So Everett, Sidney and I went down to the in-laws and had a great time without them. Everett was so proud to climb on top of a pumpkin so big and Sidney was just happy to be out doing something. This was of course before all the fires, so the air was clean and the sky beautiful. Everett was the first to pick out his pumpkin - he's not as indecisive as his mother. The big hit was the popper guns that we purchased shortly before leaving. They've been up in my closet since the day after we bought them. I suppose we might bring them out on Halloween or something. Thanks for the invite Britt - we have a good time and wished we could have stayed for the dinner.

3 comments:

Roney Family said...

I love fall pictures. The colors always look so amazing. Looks like the kids had a wonderful time.

Pure Images said...

Why does Brielle have to look so lame in all of these Bates pictures! GRRR... Your kids look beautiful though!

Brittany said...

Spunky huh? Is that a good thing? I am so glad you guys came! Kasen and Everett had fun playing together. I am not surprised those pop guns are put away, it was driving me crazy at the farm, let alone at home inside closed doors! lol