Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Lisa!



This is my beautiful sister Lisa who just turned 17 today. I don't know where the last few years have gone. . . I still remember how happy she would be when I came to visit when she was a bit younger. She would jump up and down, run up to me and in her excited voice saying, "Neenie's here, Neenie's here!" I have such fond memories of those days. Somehow after she turned into a teen and I had three kids, we found ourselves busy in our own lives and not as close, but I hope that some day we will reconnect and become the sisters we once were. I certainly miss her more than I tell her.

Lisa has always given 100% to whatever she was involved in. She has always been considerate and loving and even though being a teenager is difficult, I have seen her mature in leaps and bounds over the last few years. She just got nominated to be the captain of her cheerleading team and is getting fantastic grades in her Junior year of high school. Hopefully with her excellent accomplishments and grades she will consider some of the finer universities for her future, like BYU :), but I think her heart might be set on Ivy League schools at this time. In any case, whatever her future decisions may be, she is on the road to success and I am so proud of her! Happy Birthday, Lisa!


No comments: