So, I should have posted this last month, since I realize that it was one month ago today that we went to the beach for the first time this year. Anyone remember the hot spell we had last month. Honestly, what is up with this weather? There must be a lot of people praying to have hot sunny days and a lot of others praying for the cool overcast days. The man upstairs must be trying to appease both parties. Which reminds me of a funny story I have to tell real fast. . .
A decade ago when I worked for a plastic surgeon, a male patient came in one day for a nose job consultation. As a standard procedure I would take photos of each patient. So we were in the photo room talking and he says, "you have a really nice nose". To which I responded, "Oh yes, thank you. Mine was done by the man upstairs." His response then was, "Oh really, which surgeon was that." I bashfully explained, "Oh I meant the man way upstairs." He still looked confused, then a little embarassed. I quickly tried to finish the photo session. Of course, he never came back - likely because he felt kind of hmmmm, dumb. I have to admit I was a bit embarassed too. I thought everyone knew who the man upstairs was - I guess not!
So anyways, it has been nice to see a few hot days to get a preview of what summer will be like. I can't wait to not have a schedule!!!! Sidney had so much fun eating sand. Everett claims he almost drowned in the ocean that day - he was getting reacquainted with it, and Dawson, well, he just loved digging in the sand a searching for something in the tide pools to take home as a pet.
I love living so close to the beach. . . we take it sooo for granted!



No comments:
Post a Comment