Saturday, August 8, 2009

June and July events

I just can't keep up on this blogging. Maybe because I'm trying to prepare for the arrival of our next little one. Or maybe because I've become more obsessed with keeping the house clean so I spend more of my free time doing that than on the computer. Nonetheless, here are some events from the summer. To start Dawson finally lost one of his upper teeth. It's been almost a year since he lost the bottom one, or so it seems. He was very excited and he looks pretty cute without it. Next, I have some pics from a beach outing to Salt Creek. I posted the next picture realizing that my oldest son is looking more like me all the time, (minus the dark bags under my eyes - thanks to those less sleepful pregnant nights).




Everett and Sidney are enjoying our beach outings more this year. I've been enjoying them too!




Everett turned 5 at the end of July. I can't believe he's growing up so fast. He definitely seems taller this days and more handsome too. He is trying to be a big boy. We've been working on reading and writing this summer and I'm so pleased at his progress. We had a small birthday party for him. It was just perfect for me. He loved having a pinata and other games. The boys were all very good!



And here we have our most recent picture of me and the kids taken today. I'm 37 weeks pregnant. And for those who still think my belly is little, I want you all to know I have gained the required 35 lbs and maybe a little more. So. . .like I tell my son, I still feel like I'm carrying around a bowling ball on my tummy and my back is taking a beating for it! Three more weeks to go and I'm very excited!



Sidney said the funniest thing tonight when we were at a wedding reception. She was watching the bride and groom dance and her Daddy asked her if she wanted to get married and wear a white dress like the bride someday. Her response was, "Yes, I want to wear a pretty white dress and then I can have a baby in my tummy and it can grow bigger." I'm glad she has the order right.



All the kids are getting excited for the baby's arrival. They all know it is coming soon. Sidney is hoping for a girl, the boys of course want another brother. Greg and I just want a healthy little person to welcome into the Campbell family. We'll let you know when the surprise baby arrives!






3 comments:

Alicia said...

Cute bump Jeanine! Can't wait to see what you have (though I think you secretly know already).

melissa said...

Where did that bump come from? I really don't even remember it from a couple weeks ago. Can't wait to see what you're blessed with. Exciting.
P.S. You so didn't have to bring that ball back because we have more than enough to spare around here. But thank you for going out of your way :)

Brittany said...

Can't wait for my new niece or nephew to arrive. I bet you can't wait either! ;) Just another cute kid to add to the Campbell family. We sure know how to make em, don't we?