Okay, so I can finally announce why I've been so busy lately and unable to keep up my blog - well, other than the fact that I have 3 kids. Yes, our house has been on the market for about 1 month now and I've been trying to make it perfect since that time which is an impossible feat. In any case, our potential move was not inspired by the recent changes in the stake, though we are now slightly more motivated knowing that the primary in our new ward may be incredibly tiny - so we've heard. Greg and I can go just about anywhere and adapt to anything, but we have always wanted our kids to grow up having lots of church friends (something Greg and I lacked). In any case, we are so sad to be out of the Aliso Viejo ward, but know that we have made some great friendships and intend to keep them up. At least now we can get the skinny on at least half of the other wards in the Stake to help us choose a place to move to. So we are doing this moving thing a little backwards, but with the real estate market as it is, we figured selling first then buying would be a better option. If anyone reading this has any tips or ideas of how to keep the house clean with kids while our house is on the market, please feel free to offer them. Thanks!
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I'm out of the loop - what were the changes in the stake? Is greg no longer in the bishopric? If so, who replaced him? What ward are you in now? Where do you want to move to?
My advice for keeping the house clean when you are trying to sell is to spend VERY LITTLE time at home! Seriously, invite yourself over to friends' houses like I did with all of you! And, everytime you leave the house, buckle all the kids in the car and then go back in the house and do a quick final sweep to make sure that nothing is out of place, spray some febreeze, turn on all the lights, etc. Good Luck selling! I guess this means the market is improving again in OC?
I have never "sold" a house before but because we recently were buyers what made the difference to me was if I could tell that they were clean "on the inside". I didn't really mind if there were a few dirty dishers and toys out, as long as it seemed clean, which your house always seemed to me so....good luck! I know a great house across the street that you would love! Move to Utah! Please!
I'm glad you plan to stay close, but it's still a little sad to see your house for sale, especially now that we're in different wards :( We'll have to get together soon.
Post a Comment