So a few people tagged me about a month ago and I haven't gotten around to posting the 7 or so interesting (or not) things about me until now. Sorry! I would tag someone else I know, but I just don't know anyone else who hasn't already be tagged. I'm sure all have forgotten about this and something new has come up, but for those DYING to read something new on my blog, here it is. . .
1. My entire life I've done everything possible to avoid being embarassed. How lame - some of the funniest stories a person can retell often come from embarassing moments. I guess that's why I'm not very funny. Someone please help me make a fool of myself more often!!!
2. When I was little I used to cry at other people's birthday parties because I wanted their gifts, or whatever. As a curse to that, when it is my own birthday I draw as much attention away from myself as possible. It's December 8th, by the way.
3. When I was in 4th grade I was a BIG TIME teacher's pet. Seriously, I had way too many privileges that teachers would probably get in trouble for permitting today. The teacher brought donuts for me every morning, gave me hints to test questions, and let me in the classroom whenever I wanted without supervision. It was kinda cool though!
4. When I was 12 I learned how to sew and made some of the dorkiest clothes you could ever imagine. (Zebra stripes and polka dots.) How could my mom let me wear those things?!?!? Well, at least I can say it paid off later. I made a few of my friends prom dresses and eventually my own wedding dress.
5. Everyone always asks me what my favorite type of nursing was. Well, it wasn't seeing people's faces peeled off during face lifts, and no, is wasn't while assisting doctors stick endoscopes up people's rear-ends, and no, it wasn't while working for a doctor whose patients included celebrities. Honestly, I LOVED working in the ER. Even though I've seen many deaths and open wounds and what-not that most people would cringe at, I just loved the pace, the people, and most of all the excitement. I do miss it.
6. Growing up I LOVED Duran Duran. I was in love with John Taylor. One summer, at the height of their popularity, we kept MTV on all day just to wait for the video for "The Reflex" to come on, which was about every hour. I hung out with 4 cousins and my brother and the 6 of us would go bezerko every time it came on. "Da-nanana, da-nanana." Remeber those days, Dan?
7. My lifelong best girlfriend is my mother. Since I was a young girl we developed a very close relationship that has continued until this day. She has always been such a gentle and kind mother and very patient I might add, unlike myself. There aren't many things we don't share with eachother and I realize what a blessing she has been because she's the kind of best friend that I can't lose touch with.
Hope you had fun reading my dialogue. Do you feel you know me better now? Great!



2 comments:
My sister and I loved Duran Duran too. We had a huge poster in our room. We thought the guys were really hot! Haha!
I still can't believe you made your own wedding dress. I STILL think you are nuts for doing it, but how rewarding. It was BEAUTIFUL! (cute pic of Sid, btw)
Post a Comment