Saturday, October 11, 2008

They missed us so much



When we got back from our trip to Costa Rica yesterday, the kids were giddy with giggles and hugs. I don't think I've heard my kids say,"I missed you " this much in my life. It made me feel so good to finally return home to my little treasures. Everett gave me the first hug (I made a point of making his the first) and then Dawson joined in for a group hug. Greg had Sidney in his arms and she kept making a deep sounding giggle - almost as if she was delusional and laughing as she tried to decipher if what she saw was real or an illusion. "Is that really my mommy?" Poor baby! I honestly think she was not sure.

I must admit having the kids be so cuddly and sweet has been so heart warming. At various times today Dawson kept saying, "I'm so glad your home Mommy!" And also adding, "your so much nicer now!" And maybe he is right. Sometimes a little break makes you realize how precious your little treasures are. I hope I can continue being "nicer." Today while I was on the computer Everett said, "I'll be right back." He ran out the door and came back with something behind his back. "Which hand?," he said and after my guess he handed me a daisy picked from our backyard. He then said "I got this for your because I missed you so much."

Sidney has her own way of showing her feelings. She caught a little cold and today was a bit under the weather but she still giggles whenever she sees me. I guess I'm still a novelty to her since we've been back.

Pictures of our trip coming soon. Here's a sneak peek.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

I'm so glad you had a nice trip. Sounds like you did a ton, and I'm so glad! Sorry that we got cut off from our conversation today at SOTW..

Adorable pics and stories about your kids, I love it!

Mindy said...

I am so jealous of your trip! I can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about it. That place is top of my list.

Your kids are so cute! I am so glad you left a comment because I thought you had stopped blogging! I couldn't log into your blog so thought it wasn't up anymore. I'm so glad it is! :)