Then it was off to Utah the next day. We took the kids to Mom's and they were all so excited. Even Sidney was dancing around being silly. Made me feel good leaving her while she was so happy.
We arrived in Salt Lake and did some shopping at the Gateway Shopping Center. . .
I forget how absolutely gorgeous the flowers are in Utah. I had to take a picture. And of course this picture does not do justice! (I meant to the flowers.) We then went to dinner at the Tuscany in Holliday. The ambiance was terrific, the food just good, not great. We really are spoiled here in California! Then we stayed the night in Provo hotel. Greg was hoping to run into some UCLA football players. Wrong hotel, sorry Greg!
I never hiked the "Y" - can you believe it!
Then the next day we went to the BYU/UCLA blow-out game. By half time I was so tired of singing my alma mater song. I never thought I'd see the day. The game was a joke and I felt really bad for my hubby. By half-time his Bruin pride was in the toilet!
My fellow cougar friends, remember sitting in these bleacher?
BYU PRIDE
Again, I can't get enough of these beautiful flowers. The campus is just beautiful!
And then there was the building I spent so much time in while getting my Nursing Degree.
One out of place Bruin. Strangely, everyone on campus was so nice to him.
And the good ol' Tree of Life statue. No longer on the central quad but south of the SWKT.
This trip was truly nostalgic for me. The feeling from walking around campus brought back SO MANY awesome memories and I remembered why this truly is the BEST university. I kind of wished I was back in college again. The things I would have done differently! Thanks to my wonderful husband for making this weekend happen! I'd do it again in a hearbeat!
After the game we went to stay at my brother's house outside of Ogden, my Dad came too!
This is my cool nephew Nathan. His hair ROCKS! It's just like my brothers! This little man is a crack-up and he really likes me (that's why I think he's extra cool!)



4 comments:
Aww the memories! I miss the BYU days too. It's always bitter sweet for me when I go back to visit. I am happy to live where I do, but I sure do miss Provo. I'm really jealous you got to go, but so happy for you at the same time! I am glad you and Greg got a weekend away. I am sure the break was much needed on both your parts!
I just barely went back, too!!! I had the SAME feelings. I also had never hiked the Y! how funny. so, I hiked it for the first time last month. It was fun. I'm jealous you went to the game, though. I'm glad you guys got a weekend away. How fun for you!!
How FUN Jeanine! You look absolutely gorgeous in that last shot! I'm so glad you got away, what a great thing! I went to USU...so I don't recognize the pics from the "Y" campus, but it looks fun and I can imagine how the memories must have flowed!
Looks like a fun trip. Did you get a chance to visit the Madsens at all?
Post a Comment